Wednesday, September 26, 2007

William Tell Overture for Moms

(To see the video I'm mentioning, go to the October 27th post, The Mom Song Sung to William Tell Overture with Lyrics.)

This video came through on the homeschool forum I'm a member of here. So funny! I don't think I've mentioned yet that I've started babysitting for a family with 3 children. When Joshua was working at the bank branch downtown, he was one desk away from Gillian Merrett, the lovely mother of these 3 children. I got to know her a bit when we would stop in to say "hi" to Joshua at work and she would always give my kids candy. Anyway, it's a long, complicated story, but Gillian was looking for childcare for the new school year because they just moved to Airdrie a few months ago! She knew we were moving there, so she asked if I would consider taking the job. After we talked, I agreed to watch her kids until Christmas time, and then we would re-evaluate and see if we wanted to continue the rest of the year. Her husband, Jeff, is a pilot for a private jet company, so he works weird, sporadic hours. Sometimes he'll be home for days or a week at a time, so then he just watches the kids. I'll only watch them when he's away flying. Rachel, is the youngest, and she comes at 7:15 a.m. (early for me!) while my two are still sleeping away! She is just one month younger than Sky, so she'll be 4 in December. The other two, Hailey (6 1/2) and Dallin (8), are in school all day. I pick them up a few blocks away at the bus stop at 3 p.m. Then we have two hours of excitement and craziness that only 5 children can create! (How do you do it, Judith?!) It's amazing the food they can eat, and the messes they can make, and the fights they can get into! We're still in the adjustment and "getting to know you" stage, but we're having fun I think! Rachel fits right into the family during the day and is quite the little sweetheart. I had the kids yesterday and today, but that was it for this week. I'll have to take some pictures next week when they're here, so you can see my new children! And after all that, I just wanted to say that the video I posted rang very true with me! I said all that before, but now it's even more so!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her, her name is Anita Renfroe and she travels with Women of Faith. I was able to go this year the parts I did see were great. Sean was with me only five weeks old then. Anyways all that to say I enjoyed seeing it again

Beth Chretien said...

Very funny and soooo true!

mylifewith5kids said...

You asked how I do it with 5 children......God and a wonderful husband!!! I couldn't do it with them!!