Friday, November 9, 2007

Busy Day....

Today has been a very busy, but fun day with five children! Hailey and Dallin have a four day weekend because of Remembrance (Veteran's) Day. I had them yesterday too for a normal day, and then, bright and early this morning, all three arrived for the full day! We played games, ate lots of snacks, had tuna melts for lunch, played outside, went to the store, and did a movie and popcorn! They will be going home in 15 min. and I can honestly say that, although I was worried at the beginning of the day, we actually enjoyed the day rather than just survived it! My next excitement for the day is that I get to go out for dinner with two of my best friends, Trina and Penny. The three of us formed an accountability/fellowship group about 3 years ago. This year we started a new tradition for birthdays. We get together and go out for dinner and the birthday girl gets her dinner free! So, tonight is my night (my birthday is Nov. 11th) and I'm so excited! It will be a nice break after a very busy week. Looking forward to that kept me going this week! We're going to a great local restaurant called the Deluxe Diner. It's a fifties diner with very unique, healthy, organic food. It's hard to explain, cause it's not your typical diner fare. It's very Canadian, actually and we just love it. Trina and Penny have never been there, so I hope they like it!

I have to go get ready, but wanted to write even this short post to let you know I'm still alive and kicking!

No comments: