Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada! Today I am most thankful for my family near and far. You are all loved and thought of today! I'm also very thankful for my nice, warm house because there's been snow on the ground since Thursday morning!

Last night we had our big dinner with Joshua's parents and sister. The food was more than plentiful and very, very yummy! I baked the ham all afternoon at our house, complete with a brown sugar glaze. When it was ready we wrapped it up and drove through the gently falling snow to Grandma and Grandpa's house. I also brought along two of my other favourite traditions - sparkling juice and pumpkin bread! Mom had spent the day baking apple pie and pumpkin pie as well as all the other fixins' to go with the ham. We had a fun evening of eating, playing and laughing. After dinner, Grandpa had a good chance to work off some of the calories he took in! The entertainment included:


Horsey rides...


Double Piggy Back rides (this equals about 105 lbs.!)

And an attempt at the tallest shoulder stack ever!
Success! Well, maybe more of disaster waiting to happen, but they were sure having fun!
The big boys (Daddy and Grandpa) also indulged in a little leg wrestling and arm wrestling, much to the amusement of all of us! I will spare them the embarrassment of pictures. I hope each and every one of you have a wonderful, thankful day, whether you are celebrating Thanksgiving Day today or not!

4 comments:

EMP said...

Thanks, Peggy. Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

Mine was doing that too... the blue underlined letter thing. I just pushed the enter button and it stopped, but ANNOYING!
So I was thinking that since it's your thanksgiving and you have snow now...maybe change the background on your blog! ;)
How about sharing a great thanksgiving recipe for those of us who still have it coming up? ! Love the pic by the way. It looks like a blast!

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

I love the background! I'll try to help you think of a title, but I'm not that good either.. as you can tell from Carter's blog title. You should get Emily to ask Jody.. he came up with Recipeasy.
Here is all I have so far...
A southern girl in a northern world. (Not that you are really that southern, but you grew up in the south)

Jennifer said...

Looks like fun! Welcome back