Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Lumberjack Sky!

Today has been a weird day for me. I feel strangely bored, and yet I've accomplished quite a bit today. I guess washing dishes and doing four loads of laundry and making a bed and fixing meals IS boring! I was going to make cookies with the kids this morning, but somehow we never got around to it. I also needed to run to the grocery store, but decided that could wait till later. I think you get the idea! Maybe I'm just relaxed for the first time in a long time! The kids are definitely bored and whiny - I put them to work helping me with the laundry for awhile and they actually had fun! I don't have the camera today because Joshua had to take it to work for something. So, the picture for the day is from Saturday. Sky was building a set for a lumberjack show like the one we saw in Ketchikan, Alaska. (I guess I didn't write about that - O.K., I'll put a picture of that too!) That's what the big pile of "junk" is! He was performing some things for Daddy and Joshua got some great action shots! This one was the most dramatic! That boy can jump! Here's a couple of pictures from the Great Alaska Lumberjack Show. I went with the kids while Joshua and his dad were on a floatplane adventure! I think we had more fun, personally! It was absolutely hysterical! There were two lumberjack camps pitted against each other, so the whole thing was a competition. (I think it was mostly rigged!) We unknowingly sat down on the Canadian side, so that was fun! The crowd was split down the middle so we were pitted against each other too. The guys did things like log chopping, pole climbing, cross cut sawing, log rolling and chain saw carving! There was a lot of yelling and screaming, cheering and jeering! You really had to be there - it's hard to describe adequately!

Well, I finally occupied the kids by turning on the sprinkler outside! I need to go cheer on their antics and then start supper! And things are ALWAYS more exciting when Daddy's home!

No comments: