Saturday, January 26, 2008

Winter Play!

Well, we never got to build that snowman... The snow was too dry and powdery, even if there was a lot of it. We haven't had a sticky snow yet this season - maybe next time! The kids have had a blast playing outside this week even without a snowman. Tomorrow afternoon we're going to be plunged into a deep freeze for awhile, so we've been getting all the fresh air and exercise we can manage these last few days! Joshua is working today, but when he gets home, were going to get all the shopping errands done for the week. It's just literally painful to be out shopping when it's a high of -25 C. When you buy things like lettuce and green onions, they freeze instantly on the way to the car! I learned that the hard way my first year in Alberta! I had to throw away half my produce when I got home because it was ruined. You either don't go grocery shopping when it's that cold, or you bring a blanket along to protect your produce. Anyway, we'll be doing lots of reading, baking and computer games this next week!

This week was fairly uneventful. Tuesday evening, Sara and Sky had swim lessons. I signed them up for a session of 7 weeks and Tuesday was the first lesson. They were full of anxious questions all day, but they loved their classes! Sara is in the Red Cross Level 1 and Sky is in the preschool Salamander level. The best part about the whole thing is that both classes are unparented, which means I don't have to put on a bathing suit and get in the water! I just get to stand and watch and smile! Joshua was able to get to the pool from work, in time to watch as well. It will be good for both kids, but especially Sara. She has more fears and inhibitions in the water then her brother does.

I babysat two days this week - Tuesday and Wednesday. The weather was beautiful, so I was able to send them all outside a lot. On Tuesday, I went out and took a few pictures of Sara, Sky and Rachel. I will leave you with those to enjoy! They were being extra cute! The one above is my absolute favourite!

Look at those happy, rosy cheeks!
Rachel having a contemplative moment.Taking turns on the swings!

No comments: