We've had cool and rainy days since Monday. It's tempting to watch too much T.V. or play too many computer games when the weather gets like this. I keep saying to the kids, "Turn off the T.V.!!" But, then I have to get off the computer! So, I've had to be intentional about finding alternative things to do! Here a few of our rainy day activities so far:
- Colouring, drawing and painting
- Setting up play tents in the basement and playing "camping" most of the day on Monday.
- Making paper airplanes with the babysitter while Mommy went for a massage on Tuesday!
- A Tuesday afternoon trip to the Telus World of Science, where we even got to see a demonstration called, "Fire and Fury." Very cool fire "magic"!
- O.K., I'll admit it - lots of Treehouse, movies and Facebook...
- Playing card games and laughing together Wednesday afternoon! The kids are getting to the age where they are actually fun to play games with!
- Going out for a pizza supper with Grandma, Grandpa and Auntie Shannon last night.
- Making homemade play dough today and sampling pretend cookies and pies all morning. (See pictures below.)