Friday, August 1, 2008

News Flash!

I'm happy to report that our house is conditionally sold!! We were amazed at how quickly it all happened! Our house got listed last Thursday, and 7 days later we had an offer! No one asked to see it over the weekend, and we were feeling very disappointed and discouraged. Then, Monday we had a showing in the evening. Tuesday, we had 2 showings in the morning and one in the afternoon! Phew! What a day! Thanks to my sweet neighbour and friend, Jennifer, who let me take refuge at her house during the showings! Then, to top it all off, she had us over for dinner that evening! Thanks J family! You guys are awesome! On Wednesday I was preparing for a surprise 30th birthday party for Joshua (more on that later), when we got the call that a couple from one of the Tuesday showings wanted to come for a second showing! I left for the grocery store when they came, and was back in a half an hour, thinking that would be long enough. They were still in the house! So, the kids and I hung out at the playground until they left - they were there for an hour! We didn't hear anything all afternoon, so I was kind of disappointed. Then, in the middle of the birthday party, Lori called to say the people had made an offer! She came by right away and we got all the paperwork signed. God is so good! I know many of you were praying for a quick sale, so thank you! I'll get even more excited when the conditions (financing and home inspection) are lifted by next Friday. It's been so nice to be able to relax in my house again and not constantly trying to keep it perfect. The last two days have been so nice... Stay tuned for my birthday tribute to Joshua...

5 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm so excited for you guys!!! This is amazing how quickly it's all come together!!

Emily Jennings said...

That is wonderful!!!

Jennifer said...

I am so happy for you:) Just sit back and enjoy your summer:)

Jen said...

yeah for you guys! and i'll be praying for you as you get ready to move again. i'm glad that we're not having to face a move any time soon.

Beth Chretien said...

God is good! Maybe you can pray that our house sells really quick too, more details on that coming soon...