Thursday, June 7, 2007

Imagination Friends

I forgot to post the other day a conversation Sky and I had at the dinner table one night. Sara was done eating, so she had moved on to other things. Sky and I both eat more slowly, and it's especially slow when Sky won't stop talking! (He talks more than Sara does!) He had to go to the potty in the middle of eating, and when he came back, he had two imaginary friends in tow! He told me their names, so I said hello and invited them to eat with us. Sky quickly seated them and gave them some imaginary food. He climbed back into his booster chair, ate a few bites, and then we had the following conversation. I could tell he had been thinking!

Sky asked, "Who are your friends?"

I listed a few of my friends that he knows.

With great consternation he retorted, "Mom, WHAT are you talking about?"

"What do you mean?" I was puzzled.

He clued me in. "You're supposed to have imagination friends!"

"Well, I don't have any imagination friends," I said.

Sky has a solution to everything, so he replied, "You can borrow mine if you want!"

Kids really do say the "darndest" things, don't they?! I would remain far too serious for my own good if I didn't have my kids around!

I'll post more news and pictures from the week later today. There seems to be a problem with Blogger right now and I can't upload any pics.

No comments: