Monday, August 27, 2007

SOLD!

It's official - we sold our house! After a few counter offers back and forth today we finally came to an agreement. There are some conditions, so we'll still have to see if everything works out. The lady who is buying needs to get her financing by Friday. Also, the house inspection has to be done and passed by Friday. We wanted her to get that stuff out of the way before the long weekend. The last condition is on the sale of her townhouse by September 24th. She's getting a possession date of October 15th. So, if you think about us, please be in prayer for all these details to work out. In the meantime, our house is still listed online and people can still come look at it and make offers. That means I still have to keep the house perfect all the time! Oh well, this too shall pass! We move in less than two weeks. I've finally started to pack, so that's progress. I think I'm dragging my feet because I'm excited and sad all mixed up together. I really loved everything about our current house and I'm going to miss it. And it was the first house Joshua and I bought, so it will always be special for that reason. I guess as the years go by, we'll drive by with the kids to see how it's changed, and tell them stories about our time here. I always get sentimental, so you'll have to bear with me for a few weeks! My emotions are a little unstable right now. :-)

And if the excitement of the house being sold wasn't enough, I had another momentous occasion today! I went downtown to take my test to become a Canadian citizen! I applied over a year ago, and finally got the notice to appear for the test, about two weeks ago. With everything going on here, I hardly had time to study. I was really panicking this morning and even called Joshua at work bawling my head off! He was very sweet and took some time to go through a bunch of questions with me. (Thanks Sweetie!) I dropped the kids off at my new friend Helen's house. She's the one I went to Coffee 'N' Scream with on Wednesday. Her kids are almost the same ages as mine. My Sara and her Shana are great together. Sara is very touchy, feely and has no concept of personal space, but Shana just loves it and lets Sara hug her and play with her hair, etc. Most other kids get a tad irritated with my loving daughter, but Shana doesn't seem to mind at all! Anyway, enough of that rabbit trail..... Helen was so good for me this morning because she is also an American who became a Canadian citizen several years ago. She was able to tell me a lot about the whole process and relieve some of my jitters! After she found out how stressful my night and morning had been, she said, "Let me just tell you this - taking that test is going to be the easiest thing you do today!" She was right! I passed, and now I just have to wait for my notice about my swearing in ceremony. They said it will be in 2-4 weeks. Now, I'm just simply exhausted. Joshua called to tell me not to fix dinner because we were going out to celebrate! He's earning major brownie points today!

No comments: