Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Star Light, Star Bright

I haven't taken many pictures lately, so this evening I snapped a few of the kids doing their cute and silly stuff! (You can enjoy them at the end of this post.) Joshua is away on a business trip for three days. He left this morning and drove 3 1/2 hours south to Medicine Hat. He's helping out at the branch there while one of their employees is away. The evenings are always the most difficult when Daddy is gone, but tonight went quite smoothly and peacefully. We watched the lunar eclipse from our big window in the bonus room, so that helped pass some of the time! I turned off all the lights so we could see the moon really well. Then, while the moon slowly became dark, we had fun wishing upon a star together. We learned a little rhyme that goes like this:

Star light, Star bright
First star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might
Have this wish, I wish tonight


We wished for a long time, so I'll try my best to remember a few things that each person wished for. Sara wished that her birthday was tomorrow and that she could ride her bike really fast (I thought she was pretty fast already, but apparently she's feeling slow!). Sky was the most vocal, as usual, and he wished that he could be a grown-up so he could drive a car, and that he could have a plate full of donuts, and that he could live in a teapot! Seriously! I wanted to laugh so bad, but he kept saying, "Don't laugh at my wishes!" There was lots more, but I can't remember it all! I wished that it was summer, and that I could play at the beach and that Joshua were home tonight. And then we all wished that we could get hugs and kisses from each other - and those wishes all came true!
And now for the pictures...
Sara was practicing writing - on her own!! - after supper tonight!

Sky loves to make up songs on his recorder for me and I love to listen!

Sara still loves bathtime!

This child ate almost half a bag of carrots before I realized it! At least it was carrots and not chocolate!


Don't miss my earlier post today with all the weekend news!

No comments: