Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What Is Beautiful To You?

Sky can say the funniest things sometimes! In fact, he comes up with stuff so often that I can't even remember it all. I wish I had a small tape recorder in the car, because there have been some pretty interesting conversations while we're driving! This morning, we weren't driving, but Sky and I were finishing breakfast together. He was munching away on his peanut butter (had to be crunchy) and jam toast. He was obviously thinking as he stared out the window. Then he said, out of the blue, "I don't know why girls cry when something is beautiful." I couldn't help it - I started laughing and he giggled with me! I asked him where he heard that and he said "I don't know, I just learned that." He was still giggling. I said, "Well, I don't do that." Then, after I thought about it, I had to retract that statement! I admitted "Well, maybe I do cry sometimes, when something is beautiful." My definition of something beautiful might be different than Sky's definition. I cry when I hear my children sing. I cry when I hear stories of bravery and sacrifice. I cry when my children still love on me when I know I don't deserve it. I cry when I'm reunited with an old friend. What is beautiful to you? Does it make you cry?

2 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

I'm crying now! Just kidding! But I totally agree with him! I cry more at certain times each month... that's for sure!

Mindy said...

I find myself crying when I see a beautiful sunset or sun rays shining through clouds. For some reason, tears well up in my eyes. Guess its all about the majesty of God!

I also cry while singing certain praise songs, example being the new one called "In Christ Alone." The words of that song bring so many emotions to the surface.