Wednesday, December 10, 2008

9 Years Ago

December 10th, 1999 was a beautiful day! We were married in Niles, Michigan in a little white chapel. I've been reminiscing all day about the wonderful friends and family who came to celebrate with us on our wedding day. I had to include this picture, because two of my bridesmaids are very much a part of my bloggy world. Jennifer, with the pretty smile on the far left, can be found at Life With The Burk Family. Karen, the cute blond on the far right, is the one who got me into this whole blogging thing! I keep up with her crazy life at Snakes, Snails and Puppydog Tails! Jan, my maid of honour in the middle, keeps up with me on Facebook.

This is one of our engagement pictures, taken just a few weeks before the wedding, on American Thanksgiving, 1999. This picture was taken, 9 years later, on Canadian Thanksgiving, 2008! We're still in love and I still melt when he smiles at me!
So much has happened in the past 9 years. Those stories can wait for another day. It has been a crazy journey, full of ups and downs. I'm not one of those people who would say that I'd do it all over again or even that these 9 years have been the best years of my life. There have been some wonderful moments that I will cherish forever. There have also been some moments that I regret and wish didn't happen. One thing I know - God has been in every moment of our marriage whether we acknowledged Him or not. And God will continue to be there, with His never ending grace. Today we celebrate! May there be many more years of celebration and love.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary!!! And many more years!!
very sweet post!!! Wow we have all changed a little bit:) Hope you two have a great night.

Nadine said...

Happy Anniversary!
What a beautiful bride...you look so young...
Wishing you an eternity of love ...

God Bless

Nadine

Abby said...

Happy Anniversary! Great pictures. You all look so young!

Mindy said...

Great post, love the pictures. May God continue to work in your marriage and family!

Miriam said...

Forgive me for being a day late but ...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, YOU TWO!!!!!

You guys look so happy, then and now. How blessed!

Kerry Shealy said...

Happy Anniversary!

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't wait to see you guys... not much longer!

geisme said...

I tried to comment last night, but something happened to it. So, Happy belated anniversary! Hope it was a great one. I love the mint green sweater. Praying the Lord will bless you with many more years of a wonderful marriage.
-Gail

Stephanie said...

So neat... this was the year I auditioned. I remember all the team members pointing you guys out as the engaged couple!! So neat to think about!