Friday, December 19, 2008

Tonight

There are so many things I want to write about today, but I think most of it will have to wait for another day. Tonight is the bank's Christmas party where there will be about 1,000 people in attendance! I have many mixed feelings about these parties. This will be our third one since Joshua started working for the bank. It's always a beautifully festive atmosphere, with yummy food and lots of prizes being given out. It's just that the "celebration" is never about the real meaning of Christmas, and I always leave with such an empty feeling. After the meal, there is so much drunkenness and music so loud that you have to shout to the person standing right next to you. Joshua always wants to stay to make the rounds to greet some "important" people with the bank (another thing that bugs me, the fact that certain people are considered more important than others, just because of the money they make...). Every girl likes to dress up in a beautiful dress, and fix her hair and make-up just right for special occasions. But, this occasion is hard for me. Am I the only one who feels like this? Anyway, please pray for me tonight - that somehow Jesus' love will fill my heart with joy inspite of the worldliness around me.

3 comments:

mylifewith5kids said...

I am not sure of the time difference, but I will pray for you anyway!! Love you girl.

Miriam said...

I used to get so excited about these big Christmas parties - buy just the right dress, sit with the people who are going to be the most fun, have a great date (before Bryan, that is), get the perfect hairdo. Now that I've been out of that scene for 5 years, I realize the pointlessness of it all ... but I sure do miss the socializing.

I'm praying for you! Send me an e-mail or a Facebook note to let me know how you did. Miss you!!

GE is me said...

Peggy, yes, I know exactly what you mean. I know for me, after I began a personal relationship with the Lord, Christmas songs took on a whole new meaning to me. My aunt had a caroling party every year at her house the Sunday before Christmas, but alas, they were not Christians.
I'll be praying for you.
-Gail