Monday, May 7, 2007

The Big Top!

We went to the circus yesterday! I can't remember the last time I was at a circus, but I think it was sometime before the teenage days! That's a long time ago! Mom, do you remember?

This was a fairly small circus (no trapeze artists or tight rope walkers), but still tons of fun! There were plenty of clowns, juggling, balancing acts and even trick dogs and elephants! Of course, there was also plenty of junk food, so because the show started at 5 p.m., we were forced to partake of the goodies! The kids were fascinated and sat very well for the two hour show. Sara kept saying, "I can do that!" She loves to put on a show! It was good to have that family time and laugh together. We needed a break from the reality of life! After we'd had more than enough of hot dogs, popcorn, sno cones and caramel corn, we happily headed home. I made fruit smoothies for a bedtime snack, and it made me feel better about the junk food!

No comments: